Jennifer Samson is a Canadian author who enjoys fountain pens, notebooks she’s too afraid to use, corner store candy, photography, adorable cats (especially her fur nephew @jasperjaxcat), and too many criminal procedural television shows to name. Being Canadian, a love of hockey goes without saying.
Her work has appeared in the literary journals Thursday and The Lyre, as well as the BoldPrint book Friends. Her crime/love story series Sin City and her four-book Young Adult/New Adult series Brookline University are available at Amazon, Nook, Kobo, Apple and other retailers. Her work has been featured in the Alpha Phi Quarterly, Brookline TAB, Toronto Star and Edmonton Sun.
She has written twenty-one original novels (two co-written), four fan fiction novels, and two screenplays. She is currently working on the second Sin City novel, and a standalone YA romantic suspense.
21 Things About Me
- I’m an ISFJ.
- According to 23andme, I’m 71.4% British and Irish. I also have French/German, Scandinavian, Eastern European, Iberian, Italian, Ashkenazi and North African DNA.
- My ancestors came from Scotland, Ireland, England, Poland/Lithuania, and Jersey (Channel Islands). I’ve been putting together a family tree for the last few years.
- I’ve touched the Stanley Cup.
- I own over 640 books.
- I have to drink Red Rose tea every morning. With milk (not cream) and sugar (1 teaspoon).
- I’m obsessed with my nephmew – my sister’s cat. (Yes, I said nephmew). I’m allergic to him, so that’s super fun.
- In school I learned to play the clarinet, bass drum, snare drum, and ukulele. Out of all of them, I miss the ukulele the most.
- I didn’t learn to drive until I was 26.
- I’m a member of Alpha Phi women’s fraternity.
- I’ve only been on 3 rollercoasters in my entire life.
- I’ve kept a diary since I was 10 and write in it every day. I’m attempting to digitize them.
- I’m congenitally missing my lower wisdom teeth and upper lateral incisors. I have two crown bridges replacing the incisors.
- I own over 80 notebooks. I have barely used any of them.
- I use fountain pens. I own:
- Jinhao X450 EF Goulet nib (Blue Marble)
- Pilot Metropolitan F (Silver)
- Pilot Parallel 3.8mm
- Lamy Safari EF (Charcoal)
- Lamy Al-Star EF (Purple/black)
- Lamy Safari EF (Dark Lilac)
- Lamy Safari EF (Petrol)
- Lamy Vista 1.1mm (Demonstrator)
- TWSBI Eco EF (Black)
- Baoer 388 M (silver/gold)
- Pilot Decimo EF (Champagne)
I also have F, M and B nibs for the Lamy pens, and a Goulet 1.5mm stub. I am closing in on 80 ink samples as well, and currently own 6 bottles of ink.
- My laptop history includes:
- Compaq LTE Elite 4/75 CXL
- Toshiba Satellite Pro 4020CDT
- Toshiba A110-CF1
- Acer 5755G (stolen after a year and a half)
- Toshiba S50D-A.
I’m a Toshiba fan girl.
- I love the Grateful Dead, especially the Brent years, he and Jerry were magical together. Some versions of my favourite songs:
- Althea (1990-03-15 Capital Center/Without a Net)
- Terrapin Station (Terrapin Station)
- Tennessee Jed (1990-03-15 Capital Center)
- Franklin’s Tower (1980-10-25 Radio City Music Hall/Dead Set)
- Sunshine Daydream (1989-07-18 Alpine Valley)
- Touch of Grey (In The Dark)
- Cumberland Blues (1989-07-17 Alpine Valley)
- Hell In A Bucket (1989-07-07 JFK/Crimson, White & Indigo)
- Blow Away (1989-07-07 JFK/Crimson, White & Indigo)
- a good Drums->Space
- Not Fade Away->Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (1971-04-05 Hammerstein Ballroom/Skull & Roses)
- New Minglewood Blues (1980-10-10 Warfield Theater/Dead Set)
- Little Red Rooster (1980-10-29 Radio City Music Hall/Dead Set)
- All Along the Watchtower (1987-10-02 Shoreline Amphitheater)
- Man Smart, Woman Smarter (1989-07-12 RFK)
- … I could go on, but I will spare you
- I’ve done Nanowrimo 14 times.
- I’ve donated blood 25 times. Thanks to some health issues, I can only donate about once a year now.
- I’m a big fan of New Kids on the Block (NKOTB). Joe girl, Jon tendencies.
- My favourite authors include Tess Gerritsen, Lisa Gardner, Kathy Reichs, Stephen King and Douglas Coupland.